VETERANS MEMORIAL PROJECT
is being hosted by the Rotary Club Windermere, in partnership with the Town of Windermere.
Five pillars will stand to recognize each branch of Military service, and a sixth to memorialize our appreciation to veterans, all who serve with bravery and honor to protect our freedoms
The dedication of this installation will be held on the flag plaza in front of Town Hall Windermere on November 11th, 2017…at 11:00 AM.
Events will start at 9:00 AM including:
- A Windermere Walk: Get some exercise. Bring the dogs, strollers, children, family a friends and take a walk around our fair town. It will include a look at businesses, plans, our streets and parks, historical School House and Town Hall. Finish with treats and refreshments.
- Decorate your strollers, hats, dogs, children, parents, wagons, wheelchairs, veterans, bicycles… then grab a flag to take part in the Great Veterans Day Parade. Supplies and creative assistance will be available.
- Enjoy the 45 piece band before, during and after the dedication.
- Add your presence and enthusiasm to the dedication of this permanent memorial from our community.
- Stay after for Hot Dogs and Burgers prepared by the Rotary Club of Windermere. Beverages available as well.
- Vendors, community demonstrations, and representatives of all branches of Military Service will be present.
Private citizens of the Town of Windermere and the Rotary Club of Windermere are making contributions to this project, but we can use everyone’s help. The cost of this project is estimated to be around $25,000.00. The names of sponsors or their designees of $1000.00 or more will be noted on a permanent brass plaque included in the installation.
The Rotary Club of Windermere is custodian of all donations and contributions. Any funds collected beyond the expense of the memorial project and installation costs will be contributed to Veterans programs, including “Home at Last Project”.
All Contributions are fully tax deductible through the Rotary 501c3.
Go to be a Sponsor information on the menu bar to make a contribution.
Questions? E-mail Info@windermereRotary.org
Project Designed: Bill Criswell, Mayor Gary Bruhn, Stephen Fasen, Stephen Withers.