Rotary International (also known as the Rotary Club) is an international service organization, the stated purpose of which is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference. There are 34,282 clubs and over 1.2 million members worldwide.
Object of Rotary
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, particularly, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and processions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and processional persons united in the ideal of service.
Who Are We?
Rotary International is recognized as the world’s first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in over 34,000 clubs worldwide. We are more than 1.2 million neighbors, friends, and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world.
Our differing occupations, cultures, and countries give us a unique perspective. Our shared passion for service helps us accomplish the remarkable.
Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio under the motto Service Above Self.
Our Local Club
The Rotary Club of Windermere provides local civic-minded professionals an enjoyable avenue provide service to our local community.
A few facts about the Rotary Club of Windermere:
- We are a smaller chapter, with a big heritage.
- We are a local club that enjoys helping our local community. However, we also contribute to needy areas of the world.
- We meet weekly and plan club, community, and international service activities.
- Through club interaction, members enhance their professional network, career development, and cross-cultural understanding.
- We are nonreligious, nongovernmental, nonpolitical and open to every race, culture, and creed.
- Our membership represents a cross section of local civic-minded business and professional leaders.
We would be delighted to have you come visit us. Please see our Membership section for further details.