WELCOME TO THE ROTARY CLUB OF WINDERMERE !!
Please brouse our website and contact us with any questions you might have. Better yet… visit with us at our regular Tuesday meeting. We meet at 6:54 AM in Historic Town Hall in the center of downtown Windermere for great fellowship, outstanding speakers, and the best home cooked breakfast in town.
Rotary International (also known as the Rotary Club) is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and profressional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference. There are 34,282 clubs and over 1.2 million members worldwide.
Object of Rotary
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The devlopment of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and processions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occpations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH: The advancement of interational understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and processional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four Way Test
The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100 languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings:
Of the things we think, say or do
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?